Monday, May 17, 2010

As my regular followers can see I have had a busy afternoon playing with my blog.
An awesome new bakground and header.
Actually it was a major headache :) I had to first change the format to 3 columns which was a nightmare as it just would not work...even though I followed the instructions exactly! I finally found a site that explained it easily and it worked first attempt. After that success it was putting in the header which was easy peasy then the nightmare began again with trying to get the background up. My computer almost became an aeroplane then Tara came home from school and showed me in 5 seconds how to get the super cool background up you now see! If she had have been home all day she could have saved me about 4 hours and I could have got some creativity into my day. Oh well its done now. Creativity tonight!

Yesterday we celebrated Cade's 4th Birthday party. Officially 4 today. Where does 4 years go? He was super excited and got some new clothes...one made extra special for him by mummy...and a heap of army men and what just about every man wants...a new set of wheels!


He spent all evening riding it after partygoers went home.

As Cade is a die hard AC/DC fan...I have no idea where he gets it from ;)..I had spent weeks on the lead up to his birthday searching for AC/DC clothing that would fit a 4 year old. Not much luck. Lots of baby clothing that would fit Danae..which she already has..or adult sizes. So daddy went out and got a plain top..mummy got out her paints and fabric fixative..and 2 and a half hours later I had created this..


I sat up till 2:30am finishing it for him as I had to wait for him to get to bed and go to sleep and entertain my mum who was staying the night but the look on his face was worth the eye balls hanging out of the head the following day
His big sister Kayla made a mars bar cheese cake for him...mmmmmm I could feel the inches making their way to my hips but blocked it out with more cake ;)
Lots of not-so-good-for-you-but-oh-so-yummy-food and a happy little man. I asked him later if he had had a good day and he said "I had a great day...and I got an awesome new bike!!! AND my Angus top and army men. AND I got to have tuna casserole for tea..It was the best day EVER"
:) Cant get much better than that.

2 comments:

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hi Shelley,
Happy 4th Birthday to Cade.
Looks and sounds like a wonderful time for a young man.
Hey, great painting!
Your new look blog looks fantastic, good on you gal!
Happy creating,
Hugs,
Anna

Crowing Moon said...

Thanks Anna
Slowly getting the hang of it all.
He did have a great day!
Hugs to you
Shelley